Corporate Graphic Designer, Brand and Website Design, Artist
Clina Polloni was born and raised in Chile. After graduating from the University of Chile in 1972, she moved to Raleigh, NC, where she began her lifelong career as a graphic designer.
Clina’s love for the arts began when she was a child and was influenced by her great grandfather, Antonio Polloni, who was a celebrated Chilean painter. Throughout her thirty-five year professional career as a graphic designer, branding and marketing communications expert, Clina has lived and worked in several cities, including Washington DC, Atlanta GA and Raleigh NC.
Her experience and expertise needs to be divided in two different careers but at the same time connected through the arts. A designer and an artist.
Clina started in a drawing board, like all designers did years ago! but as technology advances, she went through the high tech evolution. Today she is an expert in branding, marketing material and website design, learning and applying new technology to her work every day. Her clients includes numerous large and small companies engaged in such industries as construction, communications, technology, pharmaceutical, dental and health care, education, real estate, to name just a few.
Previously, Clina has been the Creative Director of design companies like Polloni Design, Inc. and Miller Zell Design Center (Automotive Department), a large Atlanta based advertising and promotions agency, where she designed and supervised merchandising campaigns for such recognized clients as Mazda, Nissan, Suzuki, Texaco, Honda, Mitsubishi, Chevrolet and Hyundai. As an independent designer, she has also worked with companies engaged in such industries as magazine publishing, soft drink bottling, medical services, commercial development, banking, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, shopping centers and high-tech electronics.
Her colorful oil paintings are inspired by her love for people, animals and nature, expressing her art through the canvas in oil painting. Her art has been exhibit in many places, including North Carolina. In 2004 founded “Arts by Us” inspired by her friends that wanted to learn to paint together in a family environment. You can view her art by visiting her website at http://www.clinapolloni.com/
Art is a wonderful media to enhance a promotional campaign. Illustrations in oil painting, acrylics and water colors can add a hole new exiting dimension to a marketing materials like brochures, ads and even websites. Clina has accomplish this by creating illustrations for all purposes including covers of magazines or the 2008-2009 Season of the Opera of North Carolina.
- Polloni Design, Inc. Raleigh, NC. – Creative Director, created corporate identities, branding, marketing materials and website design.
- Automotive Department, Miller Zell Design, Atlanta, GA. – Creative Director, Designed and supervised merchandising campaigns for numerous clients including Mazda, Nissan, Suzuki, Texaco, Honda, Mitsubishi, Toyota, Chevrolet and Hyundai.
- Cadillac Fairview Shopping Centers (US), White Plains, NY. – Created promotional materials for grand openings and advertising for Gwinett Place Mall; Atlanta, GA, Northpark Mall; Jackson, MS, Shannon Mall; Union City, GA.
- Carter and Associates, Inc. Atlanta, GA. – Designed environmental murals for Cumberland Mall, Atlanta, GA.
- Peter Leibowits Company, Inc. Atlanta, GA. – Designed tabloid covers for Twin Rivers Mall, New Bern, NC.
- Sunkist Soft Drinks, Atlanta, GA. – Multiple promotional projects for Sunkist, including dealer calendars, in-store posters, brochures, bottle hangers and shelf talkers.
- Park Avenue Associates, Inc. Norcross, GA. – Designed logo and other promotional materials for Park Place Forest Mall.
- Econ-O-Chek Corporation, Morrow, GA. – Designed logos, brochures and ads for this firm’s nationwide bank programs.
- BDA/BBDO Incorporated, Atlanta, GA. – Converted Delta Airlines’ ads to Spanish. Various soft drink label designs.
- Murray Smith Advertising, Washington, DC. – Designed logos and corporate identity for aviation related businesses, including ads for a large General Aviation FBO, Hangar One.
- Queensmith Communications Corp. Washington, DC. – Designed covers, article graphics and ads for Professional Pilot, a monthly magazine.
- Monroe, Beard & Associates, Old Town Alexandria, VA. – Art Director, in charge of all aspects of print media design, creation and production.
- The Galley Design Studio, McLean, VA. – Graphic Designer. Clients included diverse companies like The Folger Theater Group, Tomlin Laboratories Inc., American National Heritage Association.
- Cliff Netherton, Great Falls, VA. – Created illustrations for his book, “Angling and Casting”, published by A.S. Barnes
Community Participation and Awards:
- 2008 – “Latin American Women’s Excellence Award”. This award is presented by The Mental Health Association in North Carolina and The Latin American Women’s Club “LAWC” to recognize and support the efforts and talents of the Latin women, who with leadership and optimism, work for the well-being of their community and the development of the Arts.
- 2005 – “The Pride Of Our Community” Award. Each year, Univision 40 gives this award to someone that they believe is an example of excellence and perseverance in the Hispanic Community. Supporting the Arts and educating about the Hispanic Culture.
- 2000 – Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of NC., Board Member.
- 1999 – Special Olympics World Summer Games, Language Services Manager.
- 1999 – The Greater Raleigh Chamber of Commerce, Ambassador.
- 1999 – NC Bid Committee-2007 Pan American Games, Interpreter.